Jan 9, 2008

Getting over being a "Know-It-All" . . .

Sometimes the things you need to hear the most come from places you least expect, and from people you're not expecting God to use to speak to you. Just last night I was at a prayer meeting for ConneXion, the new church plant that my home church has helped to launch (check out the link to their website on my main page). This coming Saturday will mark the one year anniversary of ConneXion, and so we decided to take the time to pray for God 's direction for this brand new year.

One thing I find difficult, is when you want to pray for something or someone, but you can't seem to do it right cause your mind and /or heart is preoccupied with something else. In my case, my heart and mind can, from time to time, wander and dwell on the financial pressures and questions that arise from my moving overseas. I don't wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat over it, but it overshadows my thoughts sometimes more than I would care to admit. Beacuse of this, I struggle to whole heartedly give my mind and heart over to God in prayer.



Getting back to the point of this story (LOL!!), last night at the prayer meeting, we all took the time to be silent before God and listen out for what He would want to tell us. One young woman who was there with us said she sensed the Lord speak a word of encouragement or a reminder into her heart for all of us. By clicking on the video below, you can hear what she shared with us from God's heart.







Personally, I was most struck by the line that said, "I know that you think you know, but really you don't need to worry." I will be honest... Sometimes I can be a real "Little Miss Know-It -All" whether or not you may have ever noticed. I struggle with that mentality, especially when it comes to things that I have heard dozens of times, or things that once made such sense to me, but have lost their meaning over the years.



Throughout this whole transition time and process of moving into missions, I have told myself that God is sovreign and will make it all happen. One of the things most frequently told to me by others is that "God will provide". I'm not trying to be rude, but sometimes I just want to tell people to shut up...like I haven't heard that one fifty million times before! Is saying that going to help me get to where I am going faster? Is it going to put more cash into my budget so that I can finally leave? No!



HOWEVER, contrary to what my impatient and "know-it-all" flesh would like to think, hearing that God will provide IS going to help me get there. It might not physically get me overseas as quickly as I would like, but it is going to remind to get back to a place in my spirit where nothing is impossible for God! It WILL bring me to a place where I am reminded that God is in control and no matter what things look like now, I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY!.



So as much as I think I know.....I really don't. And so thank you to all of you who continue to encourage me along thins tiresome but exciting journey into the heart of God's will for me. I am never going to need to stop hearing from you all, but especially from God. May I encourage you all to not hesitate to speak into someone's life if you sense that God is wanting to tell them something. HOWEVER, JUST MAKE SURE IT'S GOD AND NOT YOUR OWN OPINION OR TWO CENTS!!



Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I am not sure of all the details as of yet, but it looks like I am off to Gaspe next weekend (Jan 17-21) and then to Drummondville (Jan 25-26). Please pray along with me that God would use my life powerfully to impact many young lives to live for Him and His kingdom, and that monthly financial supporters would come from encounetrs in these parts of Quebec. Please pray also that God grant me favor and open doors in other parts of this country for monthly sponsorship.



Thank you all so, so much!!! I couldn't do this without God and you!! :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.