May 13, 2008

The end of a thing can only mean a new beginning...



As some of you may or may not know, I was appointed as a Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC) missionary to work with Next Level International (NLI) within their Leadership Training Department. In mid-February of this year, I received a phone call from the individual who recruited me. In that phone call he informed me that NLI was undergoing some major changes in terms of their goals. This required some substantial restructuring. My department, in particular, seemed to receive some of the larger changes. The missionary who requested I come and work with him, and who was also the head of the Leadership Development Department, was affected by the restructuring, and has since moved on from NLI. As a result, the ministry opportunity that he created for me was ultimately affected by this change, and I will not be working with NLI at least for the present time. Since this occurred, I have been in the process of getting more information from NLI concerning these events and talking with key leaders at the PAOC head office in order to tie up any lose ends related to this matter. This is why you have not received any news about this until now.

Although it seems, at least for the foreseeable future, that I will not be doing missions in a long-term capacity overseas, I do still plan on getting involved where I can. In June 2008, I will be returning to my beloved Ukraine for two weeks inorder to return to where my heart is truly at: orphanage work. I will be going with a team of 6 people on behalf of a wonderful non-profit Christian organization called Bearers of Love International (http://www.bearersoflove.org/). Their goal is to provide for the financial and practical needs of orphans, the homeless, and handicapped of Ukraine. It is with this organization that I received my first taste of Ukraine in 2006. I have not been able to forget it since and it has deeply impacted my life and engrained itself in my heart. I am praying to have a greater implication in this country in the future.

At the current moment, I am working as a substitute teacher and at my church’s office as a part time receptionist. I am praying for a full time teaching contract come the fall, and look forward to knowing God more as I digest all that I have learned and experienced in this last year and a half.

It touches my heart so deeply when I think of the time you have spent praying for me and the finances you have invested in me. As a young woman, who felt led to step out in faith for God, I am truly humbled by the great show of belief, love and support that came from you for me. Please know that my not going overseas was not of my own choosing. I feel as though the rug was pulled out from underneath me so to speak. I feel it wise and prudent of me to re-evaluate where I am at right now, not make any rash decisions and simply BREATHE. Whatever my next move is I want to know that it is God who is leading me to do it, and not simply my own efforts trying to mend this situation.

I am so grateful for your financial commitment. Your gifts have ensured that my expenses during the fundraising term were cared for and the costs related to my upcoming trip to the Ukraine this summer are covered. Thank you for your sacrifice and support. It is important that you contact Charlene Mitchell (cmmitchell@paoc.org) in the Missions Department of The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada IF you arranged monthly pre-authorized donations towards my budget and request that they be stopped. You can email Charlene or call her at 1.905.542.7400.

At the moment, I am projecting a small surplus in my missionary account. I will be consulting with my leaders at PAOC to ensure the remaining funds are distributed fairly.

Once again, thank you so very much. I trust we can stay in touch because I do still believe that our meeting was strategic and Kingdom led. Until we talk again, may God richly grow and challenge you in your faith so that you may be a greater and more effective witness for Jesus tomorrow than you are today!

No comments: