Mar 8, 2008

I know not, but You do Lord....

HI EVERYONE!!

Man has it ever been a while since I last wrote you all here! Life certainly becomes an interesting journey when we let God take the wheel and lead the way! I recently had a scripture verse come to my rememberance, and it caused me to think. Has that ever happened to you? As a result I wrote down a few thoughts related to this verse. Hope it sparks something in you!


“Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”

Proverbs 19:21


Our lives are never a “3 step” easy plan, but they’re definitely worth the journey. Like any good tour through uncharted territory, a guide is essential. Trusting and believing the information and facts that the guide shares with you is also a crucial part of enjoying and getting the most out of your tour through the new and unknown. If ever you get lost or are unsure about what to do, your guide is the best person to consult in order to get informed, helpful advice and directions.


Unfortunately, all too often in life, we face decisions and situations that confront us like road blocks or unexpected turns, and we inevitably stand there dumbfounded, surprised and perhaps even bewildered. We don’t know what to do with these unforeseen circumstances and get frustrated because they detract and take away from the plans we had and the course we had set ourselves on. We wish we had a guide to steer us through the mess because our sunny, picture perfect plans seem dashed. Indeed, many are the plans in a man or woman’s heart. We can plan and organize and dream and prepare all we want, but for all our good intentions and efforts, we cannot guarantee that any of it will come to pass. A lack of a guarantee is perhaps why taking risks is such a hard thing to do.


As Christians, stepping out in faith has the potential to be as equally hard, if it were not for God’s faithfulness and all knowingness through it all. There are times in our lives where we could have sworn that we were in the heart and centre of God’s will, and yet despite that, the end destination we were focused on and the things we desired to receive and experience never materialized. Times like this are delicate because, if handled and processed improperly, have the potential to kill our dreams, dash our hopes and send us spiralling into a vortex of doubt, anger and despair.


Even at the most secure and routine times in our lives there are no guarantees. Things can fall apart and unravel in a second. A lot can change in a day, for better or worse. Ecclesiastes 6:12 says, “In the few days of our meaningless lives, who knows how our days can best be spent? Our lives are like a shadow. Who can tell what will happen on this earth after we are gone?” That statement is enough to make me realize that I need to and want to make the days I have count. I need to be on the best path for me at this point in my life.


WHO KNOWS HOW OUR DAYS CAN BEST BE SPENT? Duh…GOD! I have been asking God, “What is your purpose here in my life? Tell me what it is so that we can cut to the chase and just get to the point.” I don’t want to try my own suggestions and waste time when I could just ask God what he wants and what is best and get to the point of my life. Some would think that is being narrow minded or even mindless, but I have come to learn that I don’t always know what is best for me and I need God’s guidance and understanding to lead me forward. It doesn’t mean that I am a mindless robot that just walks around wherever God points me. He can show me the right and most profitable way, but I ULTIMATELY HAVE THE DECISION TO FOLLOW IT OR NOT. I personally think it would be pure foolishness not to follow God’s guiding and leading. He honestly knows best and I am wanting to trust him with all I am.


Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35 both make mention of the reality and powerful truth that as we are lead by God’s wisdom, no matter how unconventional or strange it may seem, what results from it will speak for itself. Wisdom is shown to be right by the lives of those who live it and by what results from it. I may make certain decisions that seem strange, but I don’t mind doing so if I am being lead by God’s guidance and his wisdom. With time my decision to do so will yield results that will speak for themselves and prove for themselves that the decision I made to walk in God’s wisdom was the right one.


It’s amazing how quickly things change. It’s amazing how even when you are in God’s will and heading in the direction you sense Him leading you, things can change 180 degrees and you’re left wondering why you headed down your previous path to begin with. The funny thing is that, as far as I know, I was not in the wrong in terms of the direction I was heading into and the things I chose to pursue or let go of this past year. There has been a lot of good that has come out of it. God had his purpose for leading me in this way. It was a means to an end that I could not see on my own.


The way God works is fascinating and His sequence of things is sometimes unfathomable. Isaiah 55:8-11(MSG version) says this:
“I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work. For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, so will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.”

Within this scripture there is proof and reassurance of the fact that there is fruit in what I have done, been, and accomplished for the sake of God’s kingdom in this last year. I can’t understand the latest turn of events; they don’t make sense from a human stand point. Yet I stand determined nonetheless, knowing in His good timing God will do something great and help me fulfill my call. In the meantime I must trust, not always understanding or knowing why, but remembering and clinging to the truth that ALL THINGS (good and bad!!) work for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).


SO… once again LORD my question to You is this, “What is your purpose God? What is it that you need from me? What is it that you want to prevail?” At times, there may seem like there is no rhyme or reason for the latest turn of events. Life is certainly unpredictable, but I thank God so much for being there for me and being my most amazing, loving and knowledgeable guide ever! I cannot understand anything that is happening Jesus, but I trust you. In some strange, eyes of faith way, I can see that something is working itself through in the course of these events. I am learning to grow and trust you through all this. I am learning to walk by faith and not sight and that is so cool! “It's what we trust in but don't yet see that keeps us going. Do you suppose a few ruts in the road or rocks in the path are going to stop us?” (2 Corinthians 5:7-8 MSG)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.