Sep 18, 2007

Support of many kinds . . .

You know God is in something when the various pieces of your personal puzzle seem to just fall into place. Part of my journey in getting to Europe has been finding people who will support me in prayer and finances. I have thankfully been very very blessed so far in both these areas.

Native Women's Conference


From September 7-9 2007, I had the privelege to attend a Christian women's conference for the amazing ladies of Northern Quebec. This was the second time I attended and I am thankful to have had the invitation and the means to get there. Over the course of the weekend, I got to meet some wonderful ladies and also sell some products (t-shirts, hand made bags, etc), whose profits went toward my budget for Europe. The ladies there are sooooo generous and supportive. Their sensitivity to God's Spirit and His presence was so beautiful.


Toward the end of the Sunday morning service, I got the chance, along with a fellow missionary Melissa Williams (El Salvador), to share about what I am doing in Europe. Afterward, they took up an offering for both of us. One native woman came up to Melissa and I later on and shared with us a very moving story. She has struggled with a gambling problem for years and decided that day to give us $1000 instead of using it to feed into her bad habit. I was very moved and felt led to pray with her. I told her that I was very appreciative for her show of obedience and generosity. I told her that she was my personal answer to prayer and that i would be her hands extended to peoples in Europe that she wished she could directly touch. God is certainly working in the hearts of the native women. Amen!


HFC "Hope Missions"

The following Sunday (September 16), I received a very warm welcome at my own home church. For close to year back in 2005, I volunteered at Heart for the City, a ministry that operates in conjunction with Evangel Church and that serves the homeless and less fortunate of downtown Montreal. It is this same organization that hosted a night on my behalf to help me spread awareness about my work in Europe and to help raise funds. There were about 75 people who came and jam packed the tiny cafe that it was held in. I was deeply moved and touched by the show of support that came my way. Many people from Evangel, my home church, came out and even two of my old co-workers from the school I taught at last year came. I had the opportunity to share for about 15-20 minutes and then my pastor came up and made the financial appeal. This was followed by a special time of prayer for me the work I am about to embark on in Europe. My old friend Stephanie, through whom I came to know Jesus, led in prayer for me. I was reduced to tears in this moment because of many factors. The greatest one being that who would have thought that I would be standing before such a crowd and being commissioned, so to speak, to go out into a lost continent and bring Jesus. It is my greatest dream come true and I almost couldn't believe it! LOL.




God is faithful and He is providing. Just today in fact, an old co-worker gave me a cheque to go toward my budget. I didn't even ask and she gave it to me. I believe that is God's favor at work. I know without a doubt (ok some minor ones cause hey I am human! lol) that this is exactly what God wants me to be doing and where He wants me to be. I have said this many times and still believe it: I am thankful to be who I am and where I am right now. I think that is crucial and neccessary for anyone who wants to be walking into God's personal purpose for his or her life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.