Dec 16, 2007

Slowing down, but getting there...

Hey everyone!

Its been a while since I last wrote something.Needless to say that is because things have been so insanely BUSY for me. Between teaching full time in a high school, speaking to different groups on the weekend, and being a part of the huge Christmas production at my church I have bitten off almost more than I can chew! But thankfully things are quieting down now. Right now I am just wanting to relax and enjoy my time with my family and friends before I leave.

Yesterday, I celebrated my 25th birthday. It was quite a surprise and I was very thankful to see all my friends there to support me and show their love. I got some wonderful cards with some very sweet and heart felt messages. The funniest gift was a massive Toblerone chocolate that was given to me by an old friend. We have had an ongoing joke that involves a Toblerone, so getting this massive one was hilarious! Check out the video to see how big it was!



I also received some generous monetary donations which are going toward my budget for the work I am doing in Eastern Europe. Recently, I received some news about my budget from the organztion that is sending me overseas. I was told that in order for me to leave I need to raise at least 75% of my total budget. Also, this 75% must be in the form of monthly donations.


So here are things as they stand now:


Total budget for the year: ~$46,000


75% of Total budget: ~$34,000


Amount I have so far in monthly support: ~$15,000


SO...how can you help? Good question! By having roughly 30 more individuals or groups sponsoring me for $50 per month or more I will hit that 75% mark pretty quick. In my last post (dated October 30th 2007) I outlined how you could donate to me. I had anticipated leaving by January 2008, but unless more people sacrificially step up to the plate for me and help by committing what they can monthly, my mission has to be put onhold for a while.


Would you please consider how you could help me make my dream and call a reality. I want this so bad but I can't do it without all of you! You can help make this happen today for me! Please contact me to let me know.


I want to wish everyone who visits this site an awesome Christmas season. Thank God for all of you who are supporing me in everyway you possibly can, whether it be through prayer, words of encouragement, money or your love! I need it all and thank you all so very very much!!!


No comments: