Dec 22, 2007

Where's the "Easy Button"??

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been frustrated and stressed and angry along the way with this whole undertaking. Of course I could put on a happy face and say something like "All is well with my soul", but I would by lying. I trust God and I continue to because He truely is my only hope and the source of all that I am. I just feel the need to be candid with all of you and let you know that no matter who we are or what we do, we're still human and because of this we are prone to bouts of frustration and fear or discouragement no matter how much faith we have. It just sometimes feels like too much and I wish there really was an "Easy Button" I could push and fast forward to the point in time where I am living the dream.
The great and faithful thing about God is that He still hears us and sees us in the midst of these bouts of frustration and comes along in the little things and in the unexpected things to reassure us and show Himself strong. Just yesterday, I was speaking at a youth group in Riviere des Prairies called Jeunesse en Action (check out their Facebook page). God used this group to encourage and reassure me.

Toward the end of the evening, the group took the time to pray for me. As they gathered around me and started to pray, it felt like their words and petitions to God for me were a soothing ointment to my tired and strained body and spirit. Then they all began to sing "God you are there". As they sang, I felt like they were singing for me. They were speaking out what my spirit wanted to say and affirm but was too tired to do. I was weary but God used them to help pick me up and send me forward. Afterward, many of them came up to me to offer more words of encouragement and even inquiries on how to help me financially. They are a phenomenal group who are truely being led by God's Spirit and are sensitive to His leading. Their leaders (Mathieu and Sophie Briand) are a great and beautiful young couple who are richly gifted and humble. They were very warm and inviting and are helping to raise up a great group of young people who are gonna change the world around them for God's glory! I thank them all so much!! :))

SO... in the end, who needs an "Easy Button" when God provides you with such great and caring people like those at Jeunesse en Action! Weary moments are sometimes inevitable and when they come they're not fun. But it is simply amazing to see how God comes through each time and infuses us in the exact ways we need, inorder to help us keep going forward for Him.

Until next time, that's where things are at and where they're headed. Continue to keep me in prayer and all those in Eastern Europe who are still without hope. Blessings on you guys and love you!!

No comments: